Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bruce Rocks Steensboro!

I'm not a particularly big Springsteen fan, but I do like a good music concert, and somehow my friend Paul was able to score four $100 tickets to get us onto the floor of the Springsteen show in Greensboro for about $40 a piece. So I rustled up Doodles and DJ Dan, filled my trusty flask with whiskey, and we headed off to the show at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Three hours later (including a six-song encore), the flask was empty and we had a lot of great memories from the evening:
I love to see weird old people come out of the woodwork to rock out with bands that were big 30 years ago.
Bruce goes through the crowd picking up signs for musical requests -- pretty much any song was game, even if not a Springsteen song. He played "Seventh Son" and "Hang on Sloopy" and a couple others. Sloopy was really fun...
Town is renamed!
(Photo from the Smith Family Times... check out their account of the concert.)
Just Bruce looking like a fucking rockstar.
(Photo by Nelson Kepley (News & Record)

2 comments:

sarahsouth said...

you just said the F word

jarymane said...

Ooooh, I always thought it was "Hang on Snoopy"