Tuesday, March 17, 2009

F#%*ed up Food Post of the Day

Before continuing onto Part 2 of TacoQuest LA, I felt it important to post a disturbing item that was brought to my attention by friend-of-the-blog Holly, who had recently attended a baby shower and spotted this cake:


Apparently the baby cake was named "Sophie" (incidentally the name the expecting mother plans to give her own baby -- the mother's idea), and was made with red velvet cake.

I don't know what strange chemicals must be coursing through this woman's body to make her think of such a thing... I am appalled. However, here is an illuminating video showing how you too can create your own baby cake.

Red velvet!? I mean, c'mon... really?

4 comments:

Emily said...

PLEASE tell me she's submitting that to cakewrecks.blogspot.com.

-DW- said...

Oooh nice! I love the site!

I don't know that this cake is so much a wreck (I think it's sort of beautiful...), but maybe the expectant mom's head is a little wrecked...

Lucy said...

How did she cut into it? With a knife, I know, but I mean, what was the first cut?

DarcyLaine said...

The key to a successful blog is regularly posts. Where ya been, Dr. Wood?